Dear Valued Stein Mart Vendor Partner;
On June 9th, 2015 Stein Mart reached out to our vendor community regarding a new 2016 initiative which includes a restructuring of our purchase order format and a corresponding EDI testing requirement. Since the announcement, considerable effort has taken place on the part of Stein Mart, SPS Commerce (our testing partner), and our vendor community to ensure our mutual readiness by the anticipated March 2016 “go live” date. Stein Mart sincerely appreciates all the efforts taken by our vendor partners to ensure this initiative is a success.
As referenced above, Stein Mart’s 2016 EDI testing requirement is a single component of a much larger internal initiative aimed at enhancing capabilities and improving efficiencies both internally as well as with our vendor partners. The foundation of this initiative is dependent on significant modifications to our internal systems. These modifications have proven to be more complex than originally anticipated, and as a result, we find it will be necessary to postpone implementation of the initiative beyond the original March 2016 date provided.
We are communicating this to you today because we are committed to maintaining transparency with those most impacted: you - our vendor community. While the specific implementation date has yet to be selected, we are targeting a go live date in August of 2016. We plan to release the specific go live date in late February 2016.
Most of you are currently registered for testing Stein Mart’s new mapping requirements with SPS Commerce, and many have already completed the testing. We encourage you to continue the testing process as planned. We want to reassure you of the following:
· The testing requirement remains in effect and must be completed prior to Stein Mart’s new “go live” date.
· No changes to the EDI mapping currently posted on our vendor website are anticipated.
· SPS Commerce will continue to serve as Stein Mart’s EDI testing partner.
· If you have passed our 2016 testing requirements you will not be asked to re-test.
· SPS Commerce will not charge any additional testing related expense beyond the initial $700.00 registration fee as long as you complete the testing requirement prior to the new go live date.
On behalf of Stein Mart, I would like to express our most sincere appreciation for all your previous efforts and continued patience as we continue toward our mutual goal of driving sales with a dedication to continuous improvement.
Director - Supply Chain Performance
1200 Riverplace Blvd
Jacksonville, FL 32207